Am I still allowed to post on this?? Chante, I tried this soup and loved it. Who knew kale was so yummy? Okay, maybe you did, but not us.... My mom loves the vegetarian (Morningstar?) sausage and they would work great. And I know mayo sounds sick, but I have an uber-healthy cookbook (dairy-free) that uses Vegannaise in place of dairy sometimes to add the needed fat and white color. Enough with the disclaimers, though.
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 lg. onion, chopped
4 c. chicken broth
4 medium potatoes, diced (OR 2-3 c. frozen hash browns)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 lb. mild italian sausage (OR 2-3 sausage patties, chopped)
4 c. kale, de-stemmed and chopped (discard stems)
1/2 c. heavy cream (OR 1/2 c. mayonnaise)
opt. parmesan cheese
1-In a large pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion until translucent, about 10 minutes.
2-Add broth, potatoes, kale, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
3-Meanwhile, cook sausage until browned/thoroughly cooked.
4-Add sausage and cream (or mayo) to soup. If using mayo, whisk with a small amount of broth taken from the pot; this way it incorporates completely.
Garnish with parmesan shavings if desired.
Pages
May 20, 2010
May 20, 2010
Zuppa Toscana
Am I still allowed to post on this?? Chante, I tried this soup and loved it. Who knew kale was so yummy? Okay, maybe you did, but not us.... My mom loves the vegetarian (Morningstar?) sausage and they would work great. And I know mayo sounds sick, but I have an uber-healthy cookbook (dairy-free) that uses Vegannaise in place of dairy sometimes to add the needed fat and white color. Enough with the disclaimers, though.
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 lg. onion, chopped
4 c. chicken broth
4 medium potatoes, diced (OR 2-3 c. frozen hash browns)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 lb. mild italian sausage (OR 2-3 sausage patties, chopped)
4 c. kale, de-stemmed and chopped (discard stems)
1/2 c. heavy cream (OR 1/2 c. mayonnaise)
opt. parmesan cheese
1-In a large pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion until translucent, about 10 minutes.
2-Add broth, potatoes, kale, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
3-Meanwhile, cook sausage until browned/thoroughly cooked.
4-Add sausage and cream (or mayo) to soup. If using mayo, whisk with a small amount of broth taken from the pot; this way it incorporates completely.
Garnish with parmesan shavings if desired.
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 lg. onion, chopped
4 c. chicken broth
4 medium potatoes, diced (OR 2-3 c. frozen hash browns)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 lb. mild italian sausage (OR 2-3 sausage patties, chopped)
4 c. kale, de-stemmed and chopped (discard stems)
1/2 c. heavy cream (OR 1/2 c. mayonnaise)
opt. parmesan cheese
1-In a large pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion until translucent, about 10 minutes.
2-Add broth, potatoes, kale, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
3-Meanwhile, cook sausage until browned/thoroughly cooked.
4-Add sausage and cream (or mayo) to soup. If using mayo, whisk with a small amount of broth taken from the pot; this way it incorporates completely.
Garnish with parmesan shavings if desired.
1 comment:
- Unknown said...
-
Of course you can! I am excited that you did. This recipe sounds so delicious. I can't wait to try it. Thank you, Tiff!
-
May 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Of course you can! I am excited that you did. This recipe sounds so delicious. I can't wait to try it. Thank you, Tiff!
Post a Comment